- What is VPS Hosting and why should I choose it?
- VPS is the acronym for Virtual Private Server: it is a virtual enviroment that has dedicated resources configured by partitioning an actual physical server. Since each VPS runs on its own operating system, all resources are divided and isoleted perfectly and risks free. Virtual enviroments have become very popular in today's world due to the advantges they offer as well as their instant scalability, full control capabilities and acces to resources.
- I decided I want VPS. What's next?
- Choosing VPS Hosting requires minimal abilities for administering a server. However, don't worry, our maghost support team will help you configure everything in case you run into difficulties. Follow the command process, choose the desired configuration or personalize it from from scratch adding the requested resources and we will deliver your virtual machine accordingly. Order your VPS!
- What is Self or Fully Managed?
- As a service offering total control, the VPS has to be administered. It's either you or us doing it for you, so we call it Managed. If it is Self Managed, you administer it, if it is Fully Managed, we administer it for you. You can decide this during your order process or any time afterwards.
- Can I buy additional IPv4 addresses?
- Yes. Besides what comes with the plan you choose, you have the option to buy up to 32 IPv4s/virtual machine. You can add the IPv4s while you place the order or anytime afterwards, regardless of your billing cycle.
- Can I upgrade/downgrade on VPS?
- Absolutelly. No contract limitation, you can scale both ways, at anytime, no explanations and no downtime.
- What is the difference between a VPS and a dedicated server?
As we have already said it, the VPS is a virtual enviroment partitioned on a physical server, sharing its resources with other virtual servers. A dedicated server is a physical with no resource partitions. Both virtual and dedicated servers share overlapping qualities, but most importantly, the dedicated servers offer additional personalized resources, availability and longer usage time while offering increased security.
The dedicated server is an actual equipment, fitted with a single operating system, supports personalized hardware such as CPU, RAM and storage and is recommended especially for applications or web sites with large traffic. See our offer for dedicated servers as well.